There are so many awesome opportunities to see the world affordably. I have compiled a list of resources for travelling cheap. All around the globe there are tons of hostels, volunteer events, intern gigs and work opportunities in exchange for housing.
- selina.com (affordable hostels all around the world where you can do yoga, surf, go horseback riding, explore and so much more)
- coolworks.com (national park jobs)
- nols.edu (outdoor education + expeditions)
- occupationwild.com (outdoor, adventure jobs with included housing. If you want to work in a national park this is the place to look!)
- volunteer.gov (volunteer opportunities)
- article about outdoor courses (if you want to learn more about outdoors + wilderness survival)
- Boulder CO outdoor school (courses on wilderness survival)
- workaway.info (working in exchange for travel + housing)
- getaway.house (cabin rentals near big cities)
- vrbo.com (vacation home rentals)
- airbnb (find places to stay)
- wwoofusa.org (work on farms with housing)
- trustedhousesitters.com (housesitting in exchange for housing)
- hosteljobs.net (travel around the world, work in local hostels)
- worldpackers.com (volunteer & intern abroad)
- volunteerforever.com (volunteer and intern opportunities)
- nomador.com (travel & house sit)
- couchsurfing.com (stay with locals and meet travelers)
- helpx.net (find hosts & travel)
- rei.com (gear, classes & events)
+ When going on road trips, I almost always stay at campsites instead of hotel rooms, it’s so much less expensive. You can use all that extra money to invest in experiences and food!
- decide what you need—and what you can live without.
- Do your research to find the lowest airfare.
- Curb your dining expenses by cooking at home.
- Be flexible with a last-minute deal.
I’ll be adding to this list as I discover more opportunities + affordable travel resources.
Follow me on Instagram!